November 28, 2018
Twelve gifts that garden lovers will enjoy this Christmas
With Christmas just around the corner, we thought we would round up some excellent gift ideas for your friends and family who love their gardens. With the unpredictable (and unreliable!) weather patterns enjoyed across Kent, Surrey and Sussex, we’ve included items for all seasons that will help your loved one get even more out of their garden.
- Hammock – A classic garden piece that you can’t go wrong with! Incredibly comfortable to lie on and enjoy the garden, especially during the summer. They can often come with or without a stand, so find out if whoever you’re buying for has somewhere robust to hang it, or whether you need to make sure you buy a stand as well.
- Insect hotel – These provide shelter for insects and bugs and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They can attract important pollinators such as solitary bees and butterflies which are great for the environment. A really thoughtful gift for a friend’s garden.
- Croquet set – The perfect game for families and friends – just make sure that the person you are giving it to has a reasonably sized piece of flat-ish lawn.
- Garden lanterns – A lantern can be a beautiful addition to any garden. You can buy some with light sensors which automatically come on when it gets dark to make a lovely garden feature.
- Luxury hand cream – If your friend or family member is a gardener, they probably get really cracked and dry hands from being out in the cold all the time. Give them a treat this Christmas with some luxury hand cream they can apply when the warm inside beckons.
- Fire pit – There is nothing more relaxing than sitting around a warm fire at night with friends and family. How about giving your loved one that same feeling in their garden? A firepit is not just a summer feature: it can extend the garden season by making the garden just as inviting in the colder months as in the long evenings of summer – think of those toasted marshmallows, mmmm lovely.
- Portable radio – Does your partner or mum or dad spend hours out in the garden on their own? Why not treat them to a portable radio so that they can have some company while pulling up the weeds, or relaxing in the hammock that you’ve also given them.
- Bird box or feeder – The only thing that can make a Dewlands designed garden more beautiful is when the birds come to visit. Encourage them to come to call with a bird feeder or a bird box.
- Sun dial – Sun dials can make a really stunning garden feature when put in the right place; treat your friend or relative to one to spruce up their garden. Warning – does not work in cloudy weather!
- Garden gym equipment – An outdoor gym can make a great addition to a friend or family member’s garden, helping them to keep warm and get fit; perfect if they are the active outdoors type! Equipment such as that designed by TRX Training, is easy to set up, take down, and carry around.
- Giant chess set – If you’re buying for a chess lover who also enjoys being outside, giant chess might be the perfect answer! Make sure they have the space in their garden to set it up.
- Personalised garden feature – You can now buy from various retailer’s beautiful, personalised garden pieces; you can either have your friend’s name inscribed or a personal message from you. From decorative garden stones, to doormats, why not add something quirky to your friend or family’s garden.
To discuss your garden design or maintenance needs
call 01892 577371
or send us an email using our online form.
Based in Crowborough, Sussex, Dewlands offers garden design and maintenance services across:
Kent: Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Maidstone, Kings Hill
Sussex: Crawley, East Grinstead, Lewes, Battle, Hailsham in Sussex
Surrey: Redhill and Oxted in Surrey.
You can read a more comprehensive list of the area we cover here.